MEBO Research hopes to raise money in various ways. To begin with, the following strategies will be followed, although it is always open to change:
- Initial funds are only expected to be received from private donations. Moneys raised from donators will be used initially for informal case studies , such as testing one or more for leaky gut, or gut ecology, etc, in order to attempt to make a breakthrough in profiling fecal body odor.
- It will initially focus on Fecal body odor since this is the most common form.
- The website will regularly keep people updated on all aspects of the fund, including amount raised and all spending costs. The fund will be transparent aside from donators private information.
- MEBO Research Director, Maria de la Torre, has sole access to the money and is the only one capable of making withdrawals.
- In the long-term, MEBO hopes to involve private and public funding organizations and professional researchers.
- Any major benefactors may contact MEBO Research privately if they wish.